Sussex Cancer Fund are recruiting!
Marketing & Communications Officer
20 – 25 hours per week negotiable. £30,000 – £32,000 pro rata
- Job Title
Marketing & Communications Officer to act as Sussex Cancer Fund Lead Ambassador
- Job Summary and hours
The role of the Marketing and Communications Officer is to effectively communicate and enhance SCF’s messages, mission, values and reputation both internally to Sussex Cancer centre staff members and externally to patients the wider public, supporters and stakeholders.
- Responsible to
The Marketing and Communications Officer will be line managed by, and accountable to the Fund Manager
They will be expected to report and liaise with members of the SCF board
- Base : Macmillan Horizon Centre
- There is a significant amount of out of office (Sussex wide) working
- There is some scope/expectation for working from home.
- Promote SCF’s key messages and campaigns across different media including web copy, press releases, and social media and by preparing materials and personally speaking at fund raising events.
- Be proficient in Social Media marketing software and increase SCF’s social media presence (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn).
- Have experience of Project management software.
- Have experience of CRM software.
- Attend Board meetings of Sussex Cancer Fund (usually quarterly but may require additional meetings if required).
- Deliver integrated communications which includes media, marketing, communications including digital mailings, website updates, social media posts.
- Periodically review and update the SCF branding guidelines.
- Produce the monthly blog posts to supporters and stakeholders.
- Produce bi-yearly newsletter.
- Take a key role in press work including producing press releases, arranging interviews and providing info and stats for publications.
- Co-ordinate content generation for the website for fundraising and service information e.g. news stories, case studies.
- Liaise with SCF’s website developer on creative changes to web pages and the feel and structure of the site, as required.
- Support the development of digital fundraising e.g. on-line appeals and donations.
- Develop and maintain a presentation programme for the use of others to promote SCF.
- Establish and nurture positive relationships with supporters and funders.
- Oversee the development and delivery of an Events programme (to be agreed).
- Develop strong and effective relationships with colleagues across BSUH? the organisation, planning and delivering proactive communication campaigns.
- Be an enthusiastic Ambassador for SCF and its services at all times but particularly at fundraising and volunteer events.
- Deputise for SCF manager during periods of leave.
No job description can cover every issue which may arise within the post at various times and the post holder is expected to carry out other reasonable duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with those in this document. The list should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. SCF reserves the right to update your job description, from time to time, to reflect changes in, or to, your job. You will be consulted about any proposed changes.
There will be a 6 monthly performance review with the Sussex Cancer Fund Manager together with the Chair/Deputy Chair of the Sussex Cancer Fund