The Sussex Cancer Fund is joining forces with thousands of charities around the world to take part in this year’s Giving Tuesday. A truly global event designed to bring people together for the common good.
See below to find out more about this amazing day of community.
- GivingTuesday is a global day of generosity that will take place on December 1, 2020.
- GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
- GivingTuesday strives to build a world in which the catalytic power of generosity is at the heart of the society we build together, unlocking dignity, opportunity, and equity around the globe.
- GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past 8 years, this idea has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
- GivingTuesday is an opportunity for people around the world to stand together in unity—to use their individual power of generosity to remain connected and heal.
- People can show their generosity in a variety of ways during GivingTuesday—whether it’s helping a neighbour, advocating for an issue, sharing a skill, or giving to causes, everyone has something to give and every act of generosity counts.
- At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is what brings people of all races, faiths, and political views together across the globe. Generosity gives everyone the power to make a positive change in the lives of others and is a fundamental value anyone can act on.
- GivingTuesday emphasizes opportunities to give back to communities and causes in safe ways that allow for social connection and kindness even while practising physical distancing.
- We all have gifts to give, and with social media, online giving, delivery, mail, and phones, there are limitless ways to use your generosity to support others.
We realise that times are particularly tough at the moment and while we would welcome any donations however small, there are other ways you can help the Sussex Cancer Fund so we can support cancer patients in Sussex for generations to come.
There are so many ways that you can become part of #GivingTuesday and we would love to know what you have done or are planning to do for this year’s event. Or if you would simply like to support the Sussex Cancer Fund with a monetary gift please use the button below.