The closing date is 14 July 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen as our existing Fund Manager has taken up a new position after 10 highly successful years.
Reporting to the Fund Chairman and working alongside our Marketing Manager you will have the chance to help shape the future of wonderful charity. You will be highly self-motivated and of impeccable integrity with responsibilities for the day-today running of the Fund.
Main duties of the job
In addition, you will be a key ambassador for the charity, linking especially with staff, patients and visitors at the Sussex Cancer Centre and across the newly merged University Hospitals Trust.
You will take responsibility for implementing decisions of the Trustee Board, including major purchases and investments in research and education. As part of this, you will need to ensure best value for money as well as ensuring strong governance around payments and banking.
Sussex Cancer Fund is celebrating 40 brilliant years of caring for patients across Sussex. Over the next few years, we are moving much more towards investing in local cancer research and development to improve care for our population. This is therefore a great opportunity for you to support that journey and play an active part in helping improve lives.
Hourly Rate: Annual actual salary £36,000 (pro rata)
Hours: 20 hours per week (flexible) with possibility of increase in future.
Base: Horizon Centre, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton
Accountable to: The Chairman of the SCF Board
Reporting to the Fund Chairman, this post will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Fund and provide support to the Fund Board. To act as an Ambassador for the Fund, sharing the objectives and achievements of the Fund, verbally, in person and through literature.
To co-ordinate purchases and projects being supported by the Fund and keep efficient records of expenditure, forecast spend and correspondence, ensuring the Chairman and Board are updated.
To act with the utmost integrity in both representing the Fund and in relation to banking, financial and procurement details
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaison between staff and patients on site, passing any publicity or fundraising opportunities to Marketing and Communications Lead.
- To organise presentations to receive money raised, liaising with all levels of fundraising events.
- To manage, acknowledge and receipt all donations and income received by the Fund.
- To be accountable for recording detailed information related to the expenditure of the Fund over the Funds financial year in preparation for the annual audit. This will include, banking and receipting of all income. Liaising with the Hon. Treasurer on a regular basis. Liaising with the Trust Finance Department for payment of equipment purchased through NHS Supplies.
- To liaise with suppliers and Trust procurement department to ensure best price of equipment. Provide information (quotes) and use the Trust IProc ordering system and process.
- Manage all queries, deliveries, invoices of all purchases made by the Fund, liaising with appropriate Departments eg: electrical testing etc before use within the hospital.
- Lead Administrator for the running of the Cancer Centre Car Park, which includes banking of revenue generated and related expenditure and maintenance issues.
- To attend, minute and collate the Agenda for Directors Meeting, the SCF General meeting, the Research Fund meeting and the Annual General Meeting in liaison with the Chairman.
- To provide a regular Administrators Report to the Fund Board as and when required.
- To act as a strong co-ordination link between the Sussex Cancer Centre Management staff, Trustees and Governors of the Fund, and appropriate Trust Departments to provide support and continuity of communication in the development of projects funded by the Charity.
- Liaise with Centre Service Managers regarding the Wish List.
- To liaise with solicitors regarding legacies made to the Fund ensuring correct payment.
To find out more or to apply please visit: https://beta.jobs.nhs.uk/candidate/jobadvert/B0436-21-5340